A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ahnuld's Judgment Day (but I bet he'll be back)

Well, I just want to send a great big hooray out to my pals Mr. C and Polski3 and the EdWonk and all my other California teaching colleagues. It appears that the Guvernator did not prevail in his attempt to mess around with teacher tenure, among other things. And yes, the idea that we can never be fired is a crock of compost, anyway, as Jarrod Williamson commented on my last post on this topic.

Even if it was just to get back at an unpopular politician, the voters did the right thing, and I'll take it!

2 Comments:

At 11/9/05, 2:49 PM, Blogger dan said...

Thank goodness! All I can say is NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Reform might be necessary, but unilateral reform that blames the people doing the work must be defeated.

 
At 11/9/05, 10:22 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

We do need to deal with incompetent people in the classroom, but this wouldn't have done it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics