A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes....

My 5-year-old was talking about his plans for the future (yes, I have a 5-year-old. I know Mike in Texas has a 21-year-old, whose grodiness quotient is off the scale, as you can see. I SO look forward to this vision of what awaits me. Thanks, Mike!).

Boy Child says that he is going to marry Zoe, he's going to have 6 kids, two of them twins, and that we will get to live with him forever. It is now in print in front of millions thousands hundreds dozens of you, my readers, so it's binding, right?

Then we asked him what he was going to be when he grew up-- an engineer? an astronaut? a teacher? a doctor? a musician?

He said, "I don't want a job. I want a life."

Wow. It's almost like he's a baby Buddha.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/30/05, 8:21 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Print this post, then present it to him when he turns 16. Let's see what's changed in the meantime.

We'll be here reading your updates, so be sure to let us know.

 
At 10/30/05, 10:33 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Oh, I gar-an-tee you he will change his mind......But it is fun and enjoyable what these kids of ours come up with ! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics