A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, December 03, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 92: Rudolph sweater edition

Movie Madness Monday time, and what time better than the pre-Christmas insanity to make one embarass oneself completely? So of course, I thought of this film.

So give me a quote from this movie in the comments, without naming the movie!


"Mother, I do not need a blind date. Particularly not with some verbally incontinent spinster who drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney and dresses like her mother."

"Here is the man we like to call Mr." (muttering) Titspervert... Titspervert.... (aloud) "Fitzherbert. Because that is his name."

"Four hours of careful cooking and a feast of blue soup, omelette and marmalade."

"All right Cleaver, outside."
"I'm sorry? Outside? Should I bring my dueling pistols or my sword?"

"The only thing worse than a smug married couple; lots of smug married couples."


And GO!

****Weekend Update: If you're going to write down your secrets, don't do what SHe did in

Bridget Jones's Diary!


Hugh Grant. Colin Firth. Why must we choose?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12/3/07, 5:34 PM, Blogger Dr. Bad Ass said...

"...if staying here means working within ten yards of you, frankly, I'd rather have a job wiping Saddam Hussein's ass."

 
At 12/3/07, 7:05 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

Oh my goodness. I must find out where these lines come from.

 
At 12/3/07, 9:45 PM, Blogger educat said...

In the interest of accuracy, shouldn't this be the "Rudolph Jumper Edition"?

I should also note that the book was ever so much better, save that glorious scene in the fountain.

Ahhhh...wet, witty, Englishmen fighting over a plus size gal...mmmmm....

 
At 12/3/07, 9:52 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yes, but no one on this side of the pond knows what that means.

And you chickened out on the quotes, educat, darlin'.

But, okay:
"I realize that when I met you at the turkey curry buffet, I was unforgivably rude, and wearing a reindeer jumper.”

 
At 12/3/07, 10:18 PM, Blogger educat said...

You need words with the glorious spectacle of that fountain? Dear me, it distracts me too much to speak!!

...and that'ssayin' something!

Very well,

"I like a woman with an arse you can park a bike in and balance a pint of beer on."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics