A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 09, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 60: He had a good thing going with Miss Trumble edition

Monday here at the Cornelius corner of the blogosphere means just one thing: Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Here's how we play: I give you some quotes, you respond with a quote of your own from the same movie without naming it, so everyone can play until later in the week, when all will be revealed. So let's get started, shall we?

"Your Highness, please allow me this small contribution."
"No, I cannot accept them."
"Think what they could do for your cause."
"Those pearls would mean freedom for my people... but I will not take them."

"You've been banging your pots again. I told you...if you keep doing it, you won't have any pots left."

"Miss Trumble and I are going to be married. We're going to live in Oklahoma."

"I rescued this from destruction, and donated it to the museum. Just looking at it feeds my soul."
"May I say something here?"
"Of course."
"Are you kidding me or what? I don't get it! You want me to spend money on wine you can't drink, on a garden that looks like a mowing headache. That's a sculpture of a naked woman and I appreciate that. But otherwise, you have got to be joking!"

"As a younger man, l was a sculptor, a painter and a musician. There was just one problem: I wasn't very good. As a matter of fact, I was dreadful. I came to the frustrating conclusion that I had taste and style, but not talent. I knew my limitations. We all have our limitations, Freddy. Fortunately, I discovered that taste and style are commodities that people desire. Freddy, what I'm saying is, know your limitations. You are a moron."

"Do you think you can get him to walk again?"
"I will have him running, jumping, screaming."

Aaaaaand, hit the beach!


****Weekend Update: Who's scamming who? It's

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS


... which has now been made into a musical, I believe. Steve Martin and Michael Caine! God, they just don't make them like this any more--- but they should!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 4/9/07, 9:29 AM, Blogger fillyjonk said...

"OKLA-HOMA! OKLA-HOMA! OKLA-HOMA!"

one of my favorite movies, ever.

 
At 4/9/07, 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A poacher who shoots at rabbits will scare the big game away."

www.ReelLifeWisdom.com

 
At 4/9/07, 9:56 AM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

what I'm saying is, know your limitations. You are a moron."

On our report cards, we have preset comments, and one of them is "works to ability."

I've always thought it one of the nastiest comments available, particularly if the kid earns a mediocre or failing grade.

 
At 4/9/07, 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody beat me to "Know your limits, Freddie. You are a moron."

I'll go with "PS I'm keeping the money. Is that wrong?"

and perhaps

"Unfortunately he's a mute"

 
At 4/9/07, 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two:

"Oh, Lawrence! This is the happiest day of my life! ... I think my testicles are dropping!"

and

"May I take your trident, sir?"

also, cork on the fork. :-)

 
At 4/9/07, 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've got culture coming out of my ass."

"G'day, Mate!"

"Unfortunately, he's mute."

Love that part.

 
At 4/9/07, 4:27 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Welcome to hell."

 
At 4/10/07, 2:23 PM, Blogger graycie said...

I can't remember any of the quotes -- it's been a long time -- but I must run out RIGHT NOW and rent a copy so I can watch it again!

 
At 4/10/07, 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't you ever have an emotion above the waist?"
"No."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics