A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, April 03, 2009

Never a good sign....



... when every teacher you encounter in the hallway is slumped against the lockers with their heads drooping on their necks like a jack-in-the-box.

... when a kid who just doesn't understand why she doesn't have an A in your class says to you, after you've been discussing the presidency of Nixon for almost a week, says, "Wait-- you mean Nixon was a Republican?????"

.... when an AP approaches you and starts making jokes and then says, "Listen, I have a great proposition for you...."

Run. Run and hide.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4/3/09, 5:41 PM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm sure I'm in that photo!

 
At 4/3/09, 11:39 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Spring Break will be here soon. Enjoy your Spring Break. Relax, forget about life for awhile....any way you can !

 
At 4/4/09, 2:15 PM, Blogger bev said...

As long as that proposition doesn't continue with: "So I hear you have your admin certification..."

 
At 4/4/09, 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You could always do to your AP what I did to mine .... (and, yes, I've been informed revenge is in the offing... hope it is entertaining).

We had our SB last week. I was so exhausted going in that my goal was a two-hour nap every day. I'm hoping I have enough juice now to make to the end.

 
At 4/6/09, 5:14 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Yeah, especially when the AP gives you that line. Immediately feign sickness and run for your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics