A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A few little words to the wise...

The Wizened Old Broad of the Classroom here, dispensing her hard-earned knowledge like scented hankies in the hope that some will be caught and tucked away before they flutter, uselessly, to the ground to be sullied by the stampeding feet of the hoi polloi:

Have any kids who carry PSPs? Beware: those things contain a universal remote that can be used to turn on and off equipment that utlizes a remote control device in your classroom. Like a tv. That seems possessed. While you are trying to teach.

Just sayin'. And no, I didn't tell the kids who told me about this that it is in the slightest bit amusing.

If it was used on my colleague Redneck Mother, I might have a different opinion, however.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/13/09, 10:29 AM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Tag. You're it. Forgive me for going off-topic. Check my blog for details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics