A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 27, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 129: October classic edition

Adieu, baseball! In a year in which the Cubs managed to break hearts in a completely new way, and the AL champs went from worst to first in stunning fashion while the NL's best teams swooned so that we have to watch the stoopid Phillies muppets-on-Mad Dog 20/20 mascot cavort around in blasted October, it's time to revisit this flick-- a real October classic for me. So here ya go-- put your quotes in the comments section!

"How's your wife and my kids?"

"Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair. When this guy sneezes, he looks like a party favor."

"Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball."
"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

"Lou-- Lou-- A minute of your time. See, it says right there; no calisthentics. What do you think of that?"

"I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent."
"Forget about Dorn, he's just high priced."

Weekend Update:

Wild Thing! You make my heart sing! It's

MAJOR LEAGUE


Did I ever tell you that I had a crush on Tom Berenger? No?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10/28/08, 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would have to be Major League! Right?

I'm new to your blog and am loving it.

 
At 10/29/08, 12:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hit like Mays and I run like Hayes.

I love this movie!

 
At 10/29/08, 6:09 PM, Blogger Fred said...

"Wild thing, you make my heart sing."

Go Rays!

 
At 10/30/08, 11:21 PM, Blogger Tim said...

"California Penal League"

"Crashes one towards South America"

"Juuuuuust a bit outside!"

"You tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

Great movie.

I've been visiting for a bit and finally decided to stop lurking. Thanks for the thoughts!

 
At 10/31/08, 6:35 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Dang, Jen took my quote!

 
At 3/2/09, 5:55 AM, Blogger sexy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics