A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, May 14, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 65: Very shrewd edition

Apparently a lot of my playmates have been just as busy as I have been, but I'm going to try one more time. I'll give you some seed quotes, you respond with some quotes in the comments. Where there's a Will, there's a way, after all...


"I know you can be under whelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?"
"I think you can in Europe."

"Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers."

"Mr. Stratford, it's just a party!"
"And hell is just a sauna."

"Just because you're beautiful doesn't mean you can treat people like they don't matter."

"You're 18, you don't know what you want. And you won't know what you want 'til you're 45, and even if you get it, you'll be too old to use it."

"You know, you can't just buy me a guitar every time you mess up."
"I know, but there's also drums, bass, and maybe someday a tambourine."

**** Weekend Update: I just love it when they update classic literature, don't you?

TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU


Probably Julia Stiles' best early work. I still haven't forgiven her for The Omen remake, though. And Heath Ledger was yummy.

Thanks for playing!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5/14/07, 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED this movie, and was surprised by how much I loved it! YAY!

"You don't buy black underwear unless you want somebody to see it. "

"...first of all, Joey is not half the man you are. Secondly, don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want."

 
At 5/14/07, 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Remove head from sphincter, then drive!"

"Wait a minute. No drinking, no drugs, no kissing, no tattoos, no piercings, no ritual animal slaughters of any kind. Oh God, I'm giving them ideas."

"Today I delivered a set of twins to a fifteen-year-old girl, do you know what she said to me?"
"'I'm a crack whore who should've made my skeezy boyfriend wear a condom?'"

The dad's scenes are the best parts of the movie. I was always mad that they said the school was in Seattle when it was really in smelly Tacoma. I hate it when movies do that. (See "Say Anything" for the ultimate let's-cram-everything-Seattle-into-one-scene example.)

 
At 5/14/07, 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh - another future classic!

"My insurance does not cover PMS!"
"Tell them I had a seizure."


"Has the fact that you're completely psycho managed to escape your attention?"

 
At 5/14/07, 7:14 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

Love, love, love this movie!!!

"I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. Momma didn't raise no fool!"

 
At 5/15/07, 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why is it some of the best recent movies are based on Shakespeare?

Fantastic movie, although all my favorite lines have now been taken.

 
At 5/15/07, 9:53 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh no, there's plenty more. Don't give up so easily! Like:

"Bratwurst? Aren't we the optimist?"

"To the left we have the coffee kids. Very edgy--don't make any sudden moves around them."

"I burn! I pine! I perish!"

 
At 5/15/07, 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yup, see, there’s a difference between 'like' and "love.' Because I like my Sketchers, but I love my Prada backpack."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics