A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 30, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 63: Quelle nightmare edition

Welcome back to Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Here's the deal: I give you some quotes, and you respond in the comments section with quotes of your own from the same movie without revealing the name of the movie.

I have been horrifyingly busy, and I am sure you are, too, so let's lob a softball out there to you.


"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does. "

"You are a lone reed. You are a lone reed, standing tall, waving boldly in the corrupt sands of commerce."

"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

"Thank your."

"My father's getting married again. For the past five years he's been living with a woman named Gillian who took interior decorating lessons at Caesar's Palace."

"You think this machine is your friend but it's not."

"It happened in Spain. People do really stupid things in foreign countries."
"Absolutely. They buy leather jackets for much more than they're worth, but they don't fall in love with fascist dictators."

****Weekend Update: Those three perfect words are

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!


Any time I suffer from a need for my Meg Ryan fix, I watch this one, or City of Angels, or French Kiss, although Addicted to Love was also hysterical.

And Tom Hanks is a perfect foil for her. I think Drew Barrymore is trying to be the next Meg Ryan. Thanks for playing!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4/29/07, 11:04 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

Ah ha! I'm onto you!

This is the movie you were alluding to with last week's movie madness post title!

I'm pleased as punch because I can contribute the following:

"She makes coffee nervous."

"The Godfather answers all of life's questions: What should I pack for my summer vacation? = Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

"You're daring to march into the unknown armed with... Nothing. Have a sandwich."

"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

"This place is a tomb. I'm going to the nut shop where it's fun!"

 
At 4/30/07, 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.brokenparabola.blogspot.com

 
At 4/30/07, 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.offthehypotenuse.blogspot.com

 
At 4/30/07, 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

 
At 5/1/07, 10:57 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino."

"...but no one will remember you. And maybe no one will remember me either, but there are plenty of people who remember my mother, and they thought she was fine, and they thought her store was something special. You are nothing but a suit."

"N-Y-1 5 2. One hundred and fifty-two. He's... 152 years old. He's had 152 moles removed, so now he's got 152 pock marks on his face."

 
At 5/2/07, 4:01 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"152 felony indictments."

"I could never be with someone who like Joni Mitchell."

 
At 5/3/07, 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can spell fox...
F-O-X."

 
At 3/11/14, 1:52 AM, Anonymous Leather Jackets said...


Nice post love reading it


Biker Jacket

leather blazers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics