A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 23, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 62: The I Ching edition

Welcome again to Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Here's how we play: I give you some quotes, you respond with a quote of your own from the same movie without naming the movie.

well, I'd been putting this off, but I guess it can't be avoided. Do me proud friends, since I just DON'T GET this movie. But I bet some of you know it inside and out.



"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."

"You're taking this too personally!"
"You call the hit on my father not personal?"
"Even the hit on your father was business, not personal!"

"We don't discuss business at the table."

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

****Weekend Update: I made you an offer you couldn't refuse when I highlighted

THE GODFATHER


Vito Corleone. Michael Corleone. I have to admit I hqve never watched this one all the way through-- I get to the horse scene and just can't go on. Also, I hate mob movies. But this is a classic, I've heard.

Thanks for playing!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4/23/07, 12:13 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I have a sentimental weakness for my children, and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should listen.

 
At 4/23/07, 7:50 AM, Blogger Karla Robinson said...

Tell Mike it was only business. I always liked him...Tom, can you get me off the hook? For ol' times' sake?

 
At 4/23/07, 8:31 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

See, now that's two movie references, because the title of your post is from one movie that makes specific references to this movie.

Sneaky, sneaky!

Personally, I don't get this movie, either, but my husband loves it. Maybe 'cause he's Italian!

"Who are you?"
"I am Enzo... the Baker!"

"Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking."

"We don't discuss business at the table."

 
At 4/23/07, 4:28 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Leesepea: That's because I like the first movie WAYYY more than this movie.

"Can't do it, Sally."

"Well let me tell you something, my Kraut Mick friend! I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!"

 
At 4/23/07, 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Someday ... and that day may never come ... I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as gift on my daughter's Wedding Day."

 
At 4/24/07, 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost embarrassed to admit here that I have NO idea what you're all talking about -and I consider myself a movie nerd....

 
At 4/24/07, 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

 
At 4/24/07, 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!! Okay! NOW I know what y'all are talking about!! I needed the Luca Brasi quote... Duh. Mrs. Chili is a little slow on the uptake today...


"Johnny Fontane will never get that movie. I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork. "

"may their first child be a masculine child."
(that line always cracked me up)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics