A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, November 03, 2006

So would we give the administrators tommy guns to make things even?

Is this your vision of a great school where loads of learning takes place?

Having armed teachers would certainly change the tone of faculty meetings, though.

Make my day, punk.

Hat tip to Teacher Inspiration.


At 11/4/06, 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart teachers don't need tommy guns. They know that youth and inspiration are no match for old age and treachery.

At 11/4/06, 7:17 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Well said, NYC Educator!

At 11/4/06, 7:49 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I didn't say teachers-- I said administrators--since they would then be outnumbered by armed teachers. And of course I was being ironic. I have stated before how absolutely idiotic an idea I believe it is to arm teachers.

Although it would certainly change the tone of faculty meetings.

At 11/4/06, 8:57 AM, Anonymous Lady S said...

Armed teachers would certainly make staff meetings more interesting.

At 11/4/06, 9:22 AM, Blogger ms. whatsit said...

Hmmm . . . I am waiting for the day when legislators put cameras in the classrooms for security purposes. I reckon that guns are less expensive though.


Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics