A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 16, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 35: Vicki Carr edition

Welcome to Movie Madness Monday, my little attempt at levity and mental dexterity. For those of us who carry around this kind of trivia in our heads, here's a chance to express some of this clutter, leaving more room to think about your latest Sudoku.

Here's how it works: I provide an anticipatory set of quotes from a movie. You provide other quotes from the same movie. I will tell you the name of the movie on Thursday. You can still post quotes after that time, though.

I am in a crabby mood because I actually am blogging while watching my team get hammered by Pond Scum. So I need a laugh. What's better than to laugh about New York?

Go!

"Someone-- tell a joke!"

"I mean, she was coughing her brains out, and still she had to keep singing!"

"A man understands one day that his life is built on nothing - and that's a bad, crazy day."

"I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else."
"Thank you, Rose."

"I ain't no freakin' monument to justice! I lost my hand! I lost my bride!"

"Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I'm gonna kick you 'til you're dead!"

"Love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us!"

****Thursday Update: People will do crazy things when they're
MOONSTRUCK!

Cher went from frumpy to fabulous in this great romantic comedy. Nick Cage may not get his hand back, but Cher got her man, and escaped dying of boredom with Danny Aiello. This one was great!

18 Comments:

At 10/16/06, 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Snap out of it!"

 
At 10/16/06, 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I looked the wrong way and I lost my hand. He could make you look the wrong way and you could lose your whole head!"

This movie is fantastic, and it's been so long since I saw it ... time to add it to Netflix. :-)

 
At 10/16/06, 4:40 PM, Blogger Ms. George said...

"It's Cosmo's moon..."

"What sins have you to confess?"
"Twice I took the name of the Lord in vain, once I slept with the brother of my fiancee, and once I bounced a check at the liquor store, but that was really an accident."

 
At 10/16/06, 5:29 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Then that's not a sin. ---But what was that second thing you said, Loretta?"

 
At 10/16/06, 9:37 PM, Blogger Fred said...

The lead actress (or actor these days) was surpringly good in this movie. In fact, all the major characters were terrific.

 
At 10/16/06, 10:01 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Bring me the big knife, I'm gonna cut my throat."

This is one of my all-time very favorite movies!!!!!!!!

 
At 10/16/06, 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mellowout and mamacita already beat me to my fave lines! Classic...

 
At 10/17/06, 4:04 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

You know, what would be the harm in us watching it again to cull more quotes? I assure you there are still good ones out there.... Think of it, if we all sat down tonight and watched together, as it were?

"Don't shit where you eat!"

"You got a love-bite on your neck.... Your life's going down the toilet! Cover up that damn thing!"

 
At 10/17/06, 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A bride without a head!"
"A wolf without a foot!"

 
At 10/17/06, 8:09 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

This is one of my all time favorite of favorite movies. Ever!

"Old man, you keep giving my food to those dogs and I'm gonna kick ya til your dead!"

"In time you'll grow to love me."
"In time, I'll come to your funeral in a red dress!"

"She's too young for him."

"Do you love him?"
"Ma, I love him awful!"
"Oh god!"

"The moon, brings the man to the woman!"

 
At 10/17/06, 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pond scum?

Are you talkin' to me?

You talkin' to me?

I don't see anyone else here.

I know, it's not from the Vicki Carr movie.

 
At 10/18/06, 6:08 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

GASP! NYC-- Are you a METSSSSSSSSSS fan?

I mean, a Yankees fan-- y'all can't help it. But the METS?

How'd ya like last night's game? (snicker...)

 
At 10/18/06, 6:13 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"I'm confused!"

 
At 10/20/06, 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just crawling the web looking for some good teacher blogs, and imagine my surprise! The second I saw the name, "Vicki Carr," I thought of Moonstruck. My family watches it every Christmas eve, and we can all pretty much quote it in its entirety.

"There's three kinds of pipe..."

 
At 11/3/06, 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best
http://www.photographs.

 
At 11/3/06, 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best
http://www.babycare.net.in/

 
At 11/30/06, 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 
At 11/30/06, 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics