A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, December 25, 2005

An oldie but a goodie

It's official. I have now watched "A Christmas Story" 17 times this Christmas season. I still love it. So there, family, as you roll your eyes at me.

I have a new guitar! And it is beautiful, and it sounds great! I have only had a new guitar four times in my life, and this is the first one I got to pick out. I am now trying to avoid making my fingers bleed.

I hope my dad feels better. I hope my parents and siblings love each other first and forget everything else.

I hope that you all have a wonderful, peaceful new year. I hope that we all do the best we can. Every day.

Peace. Sweet, blessed peace.

4 Comments:

At 12/26/05, 2:49 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You beat me. I only watched it 3 or 4 times. What a classic.

Thanks for the nice thoughts - back at ya'.

 
At 12/26/05, 4:07 PM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

But a guitar isn't really yours until you've bled on it.

 
At 12/26/05, 4:49 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Well, then, consider it christened, because I could not keep my hands off it....

My first guitar was a Harmony given to me by my dad as long as I promised to learn the entire "Red Headed Stranger" album by Willie Nelson, which I did:

"Iiiiin the twilight glow I seen her
Blue eyes crying in the rain
When we kissed goodbye and parted
I knew we'd never meet again
Love is like a dying ember
And only memories remain
And through the ages I'll remember
Blue eyes crying in the rain
Someday when we meet up yonder
We'll stroll hand in hand again
In the land that knows no parting
Blue eyes crying in the rain."

My second guitar was an Eagle given to me by a friend I was in marching band with.

My third guitar was a Yamaha semi-hollow body electric from my hub. I love it.

But this one-- also from dear hub-- is a Taylor! Ahhh, so beautiful! We got it gently used, so it looks new and it has the Fishman electronics on it, which I prefer to the current Taylor setup.

I am in heaven! Must go play now...

 
At 12/28/05, 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I asked on my blog what kind of guitar you received and found my answer right here (I dabble with a Fender Squier when I have the time). It's too bad my parents never encouraged me to actually play music when I was younger - Dad has a "tin ear" (or so he claims) and Mom's greatest musical achievement was being able to play two songs on a recorder. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics