A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A thought-provoking comment today

Today during class discussion, we were talking about the prerogatives of the Senate versus the House (House initiates tax bills because it was originally the only group directly elected by the people; Senate advises and consents on appointments and treaties), and one of my kids asked me if there were term limits for senators. I explained about Strom Thurmond serving 8 terms in the Senate.

A kid in class said, "Man! You know too much!"

I was surprised. He said,"How can you know this guy's birthday out of the top of your head?"

I didn't know what to say, except that I enjoy knowing weird facts and I have a good memory. I just said, "Oh how can you say that?"

Is it possible to know too much? How depressing....

2 Comments:

At 12/14/05, 6:13 PM, Blogger Fred said...

There's no limit. You're totally sane.

 
At 12/14/05, 6:20 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Thank God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics