A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Carnival of Education #30: Come visit the midway!

As a total blogging newbie (before July I had never even read a blog), I really appreciate the Education Wonks for hosting the latest edition of the Carnival of Education, not to mention including little ol' me.

From a View From Here, Polski3 has a good post about what top teachers look for in their students, and Tim at Assorted Stuff details more NCLB follies.

If you are interested in education check it out.


And as a totally unrelated aside:
GAAAAAAAH! That crackling sound you hear is hell freezing over, because Oklahoma just lost to the Horned Frogs of Texas Christian!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9/3/05, 3:50 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Thanks for blogrolling me. I put you on my blog roll a couple of weeks ago because I liked what I read and us teachers hafta stick together. Thanks for the note about my post about What Top Teachers Want....

Teach Safe!

 
At 9/4/05, 6:12 PM, Blogger graycie said...

I just found your site by following a link from someone else (I've been drifting through the education blogosphere this afternoon.) and it sent me to your post about the insanity of what we have to do in the process of starting school. I immediately wrote a sympathetic and (I hope) funny comment and posted it. (Yours was hilarious!) Then I noticed how long ago your post had been written. Dopey me. Please go back and look.

Also, I, too, liked polski3's post. I'm trying to figure out how to shift the point of view so I can use it with my kids. Maybe get them to generate a list of what good students look for in teachers and then write in depth about one of them.

 
At 3/10/12, 12:36 PM, Anonymous sex shop tienda said...

Pretty effective piece of writing, thanks for the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics