And now, the Airing of Grievances! (Isn't that what a blog is for?)
It's Festivus time everyone, and so let's air those grievances! (This is actually just about the only thing on Seinfeld that I ever found funny. You can ask my husband. I would usually just sit there and roll my eyes. George and Elaine and Jerry and Kramer usually just annoyed me. And don't even start about Newman. I loved it when he got it in Jurassic Park.) So here are my grievances:
1. TV shows about nothing. Very arch. Tee. Hee. I get it. Which leads us straight into....
2. "Reality TV" shows. First of all, that ain't reality. Second of all, there's no amount of money that could make me hang out with the weird naked guy who's now in jail from Survivor. I would have voted MYSELF off the damn island. Third of all, who doesn't get that these are cash cows for networks who are treating the public like they're doofs? Fourth of all, I can't STAND American Idol, because I can't stand atonal singing.
-------2a. "Professional" wrestling. People, PLEASE!
3. People who read or text-message or do any other attention-demanding task while driving. Blast you.
4. People who claim that teachers are lazy morons with an easy job who then insist they would never want to be a teacher because teaching is not a respected profession that doesn't pay enough. Hypocrites.
5. People who can eat whatever they want and never gain an ounce. Tchah!
6. Kids who complain that they're cold when they're running around half-nekkid.
7. Justin Timberlake. If he's bringing sexy back, then I'm becoming an anchoress.