A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 20, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 40: No Place Like Home edition

Welcome to this week's Movie Madness Monday, in which I get to work three days this week while it looks like the rest of my chums will be reading this in their pjs. But I'm not jealous.

So here's how we play: I give you a few quotes from a movie. You respond with a quote of your own in the comments section. We do not name the movie until Thursday, if I'm not up to my neck in giblets, that is. So here ya go:


"Are you saying I could be STUCK in Wichita?"
"I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita."

"Train don't run out of Wichita... unlessin' you're a hog or a cattle. ...People train runs out of Stubbville."

"I've never seen a guy get picked up by his testicles before. Lucky thing for you that cop passed by when he did."

"Why did you kiss my ear?"
"Why are you holding my hand?"
"Where's your other hand?"
"Between two pillows...."
"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!"

"I haven't been home in years."

"Do you have seventeen dollars and a nice watch?"
"I've got two dollars... and a Casio."
"I'm afraid I'm going to have to say goodnight."

"Please. Have mercy. I've been wearing the same underwear since Tuesday."
"I can vouch for that."

****Thursday Update: If it's Thanksgiving, then we must watch

PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES!

You could watch this tomorrow if you own the DVD. Saturday, it will be on the Comedy Channel at 9 am!

Is it a date?

12 Comments:

At 11/20/06, 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What the hell are you driving here?"
"We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time."
"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"
"Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going."

 
At 11/20/06, 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You're going the wrong way!"
"What?"
"He says we're going the wrong way."
"Oh, he's just drunk!"

 
At 11/20/06, 4:02 PM, Blogger EHT said...

"We'd have more luck playing pick-up sticks with our butt cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak."

 
At 11/20/06, 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always think I know a lot about movies and then I come here during Movie Madness posts and realize the cold, hard truth-- I dont.:(

 
At 11/20/06, 4:23 PM, Blogger The MAN Fan Club said...

Meet Del Griffth, shower ring king.


I think it will buff right out.

 
At 11/20/06, 6:41 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hi Ms. Cornelius, I just wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a great holiday!

 
At 11/20/06, 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If they told you wolverines would make good housepets, would you believe them?"

 
At 11/20/06, 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too much of a lady to write my FAVORITE lines--when he has to hike back to the airport and tell the car rental lady to "wipe that F***ing smile off her face and get him a f***ing car", anything, an f***ing buick, etc, etc, etc. I have felt his utter frustration and love his little outburst!

"you're messing with the wrong guy"

 
At 11/20/06, 11:33 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Ms Q-- But we're not too much of a lady to laugh ourselves sick during this scene, are we?

"Don't let me stop you. Last thing I want to be is an annoying blabbermouth. Nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead who can't keep his trap shut. Catch me running off at the mouth, give me a poke."

 
At 11/21/06, 12:35 AM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

My favorite quotes are already taken -- "Those aren't two pillows" and "You're going the wrong way!!"

 
At 11/21/06, 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. C.

Not too much of a lady--that scene takes the cake!
Here's another:

"We'd have more luck playing pick-up sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak."

 
At 11/21/06, 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Train don't run out of Wichita... unlessin' you're a hog or a cattle."
[Clears his throat]
"People train runs out of Stubbville."

This whole exchange is HI-larious though hard to write because the "throat clearing" comes from those "hard to reach places" of the sinuses and must be heard/felt to truly appreciate.
Nice pick for the holidays Ms. C. This one gets me at the end every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics