A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 13, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 39: Moving at 88 MPH edition

It's Movie Madness Monday time again-- you know, where I provide the first movie quotes as clues, and then you resppond with some of your favorite quotes from the same movie in the comments section. We don't name the movie until Thursday to let everyone play.

It's fun! It's trivial! It helps you break the humdrum of Mondays!

Today's Movie Madness Monday is dedicated to a brave, brave man who took on the High Lord Dittohead and won. So, try this:

"Jesus, George, it's a wonder I was ever born."

"Are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?"
"Precisely."
"Whoa, this is heavy."
"There's that word again-- 'heavy.' Why are things so 'heavy' in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

"Wait, you don't understand. If you don't play there's no music. If there's no music they don't dance. If they don't dance they don't kiss and fall in love and I'm history."

"Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up."

"No wonder your president has to be an actor-- he's gotta look good on TV."

"Why do you keep calling me Calvin?"
"Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear."

So-- impress me!

****Thursday Update: Get out that souped up DeLorean-- hold the powder-- and go

BACK TO THE FUTURE!

17 Comments:

At 11/12/06, 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Which one's your pop?"
"That's him."
"Maybe you were adopted."


"What are you looking at, butthead?"

 
At 11/12/06, 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I'm sure in 1985 plutonium is available at every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by."

"Oh... one other thing. If you guys ever have kids and one of them when he's eight years old accidentally sets fire to the living room rug... go easy on him."

"Well, if I don't call guys, how am I supposed to ever meet anyone?"
"It'll just happen. Like the way I met your father."
"That was so stupid! Grandpa hit him with the car!"
"It was meant to be."

 
At 11/13/06, 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made it awfully easy with the "Calvin" line, but here's mine:

"[watching a Honeymooners episode in 1955] Hey, hey, I've seen this one. I've seen this one. This is a classic. This is the one where Ralph dresses up as the man from space."
"What do you mean, you've seen this? It's brand new. "
"Yeah, well, I saw it on a...[realizing] ...rerun."
"What's a rerun?"
"You'll find out."

I also likes when the main character tells his prison bound uncle, in a playpen, to get used to the bars.

 
At 11/13/06, 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello??? (Insert the name that will completely give this away here)???

 
At 11/13/06, 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean this sucker's nuclear?!

No! This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear reaction to produce the 1.21 gigawatts of power needed!


-Matt

 
At 11/13/06, 3:10 PM, Blogger graycie said...

"Turn your pockets inside out. Quick! Quick! Turn'em out!"


(Hah! I NEVER know'em, but this week . . .)

 
At 11/13/06, 3:35 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"You gonna order something, kid?"
"Ah, yeah... Give me a Tab."
"Tab? I can't give you a tab unless you order something!"
"Alright, give me a Pepsi Free."
"You want a Pepsi, Pal, you're gonna pay for it!"

(This is another one I guessed from the post title...and another personal favorite!)

 
At 11/13/06, 4:37 PM, Blogger MommyProf said...

Mr. Fusion

 
At 11/13/06, 5:33 PM, Blogger Vandalhooch said...

!GREAT SCOTT!

 
At 11/13/06, 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E: "Well, they're your parents - you must know them. What are their common interests? What do they like to do together?"

M: "Nothing."

 
At 11/13/06, 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain."


"And uh, where's my reports?"
"Uh, well, I haven't finished those up yet, but you know I... I figured since they weren't due till..."
"Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, ******. Think! I gotta have time to get 'em retyped. Do you realize what would happen if I hand in my reports in your handwriting? I'll get fired. You wouldn't want that to happen, would ya? Would ya? "

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

 
At 11/14/06, 11:27 AM, Blogger Goldie said...

"I can't believe you'd loan me your car without telling me it had a blind spot. I could've been killed."
"Now now, ****, now I never noticed that the car had any blind spot before when I would drive it. Hi, son."
"But what, are you blind, *****? It's there. How else you explain that wreck out there?"
"Now, ****, um, can I, uh, can I assume that your insurance is gonna pay for the damage?"
"My insurance? It's your car, your insurance should pay for it. I wanna know who's gonna pay for this. I spilled beer all over that car when it smashed into me. Who's gonna pay my cleaning bill?"

 
At 11/14/06, 7:09 PM, Blogger Sam said...

G: Lorraine, my density has brought me to you.
L: What?
G: Oh, what I meant to say was...
L: Wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?
G: Yes. Yes. I'm G******** I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.

 
At 11/14/06, 9:09 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"There's that word again, heavy. Why are things so heavy in the future, is there some problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

 
At 11/14/06, 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious s**t."

 
At 11/18/06, 10:39 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

LOVE this movie!

"Let's see if these bastards can do 88 miles per hour..."

"ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE JIGGAWATTS!!"

[Huey Lewis]: "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you're just too loud."

 
At 7/3/08, 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Stricklen]"No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley" [Marty]"Yeah well history, is gonna change"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics