A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 19, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: Summertime, and the livin' is breezy edition

Okay, sorry I'm late, but the Cornelius house got a new puppy who likes to get up at 4 ack emma to go potty-- at least he doesn't foul his crate-- but I'm beat.

So anyway, here's this week's entry for Movie Madness Monday. I list a few quotes, you comment with some other quotes from the same movie without spoiling the secret, and then on Wednesday, I name the movie. Fun for everyone! So here goes:

"What's the urgent urgency? You act like you're getting married."
"I am."
[pause] "Wow. Is it Melinda?"
"Melissa."
"Wasn't there a Melinda in there somewhere?"
"No, there's only been Melissa since you."
"Boy, not much for browsing, are you?"

"He really is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing."

"He didn't keep his part of the bargain, did he?"
"Which part?"
"To spend his life pining for you, and die miserable and alone."
"Is that too much to ask?"

"Trust me. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise."

"Julia, I gotta go. We got cows!"

"I got to find this road-- it's like 'Bob's Road.'"

"Okay, I'll go, but I'll drive myself."
"Honey, your car is in a tree around the corner."

"Yeah? Well, Kansas is a mess-- there's a big crease right through Wichita! ROLL the maps!"

****Wednesday Update: Hold on to your britches, this week we are focusing on the sky and looking for greenage in

TWISTER!



Having grown up in Tornado Alley, and had tornadoes hit my neighborhood on more than one occasion, not to mention that my great-grandparents died in the Giant Oklahoma City Tornado of '42, I think it was, I do not see why anyone would willingly put themselves in the paths of one of these nightmares, but hey, it was for science, right? And this film was a LOT of fun. The special effect were particularly great! This is a great summer time flick.

9 Comments:

At 6/19/06, 12:50 PM, Blogger Fred said...

"When you used to tell me that you chase tornadoes, deep down I thought it was just a metaphor."

One of my favorites.

 
At 6/19/06, 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you got full insurance on that truck?"

 
At 6/19/06, 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Another cow!"
"No, I think that's the same one..."

 
At 6/19/06, 8:30 PM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

"Fly, Dorothy, Fly!" "Who are these people?"
The first time I went to Stillwater, OK to meet my future In-laws, the town got hit by a tornado. We spent most of that night in the laundry room under a table. Love this movie.

 
At 6/19/06, 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stink at movies...congrats on the new addition! enjoy!


(apparently stink at word verifications too...here goes again!)

 
At 6/19/06, 11:06 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

TS- your future in-laws are from Stillwater? Good choice!

"We got greenage!"

That should be a line you should memorize any time you go visit.

 
At 6/20/06, 9:28 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

"Can I drive?"
"NO!"
"Then would you?"
"WOAH!"

:)

Loved this one!

 
At 6/20/06, 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg's gravy is famous. It's practically a food group.

 
At 6/20/06, 4:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Yeah, I'd like to get hit by lightning, just to see what it feels like."

and

"The suck zone!"

"Meg, you got a lotta beef. Where did you get this beef?"
"Did you see my cow outside?"
"No."
"Ahhhhh!" (laughter)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics