A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 26, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: Hey 19! edition

Time again for my little game of movie quotes and trivia known as Movie Madness Monday. I supply some quotes from movie, you include a favorite quote of yours from the same movie in the comments section. On Wednesday, I reveal the name of the movie. What could be simpler?

So here we go!

"That was the end of Grogan. The man who killed my father, raped and murdered my sister, burned my ranch, shot my dog, and stole my Bible."

"My minimum price for taking a stranded woman to a telephone is four hundred dollars."
"Will you take three hundred and seventy five in travelers' checks?"
"American Express?"
"Of course."
"You got a deal."

"Those were Italian!"
"Now, they're practical."

"Oh, God, I do love those flyboys!"




"They told you I had a car? They are such comedians! They mean my little mule-- Pepe!"





"But if there was one law of the West, it was 'Bastards have brothers, who seemed to ride forever.'"

Have fun, now!

****Wednesday Update: This week's flick is that classic adventure/action/romance

Romancing the Stone!

Michael Douglas never looked finer, and let's see, his current bride was about 11 when this came out, wasn't she? This movie really changed my attitude toward alligators, too.

If you haven't seen this one in a while, head over to the video store and give it a ride-- it's held up really well.

8 Comments:

At 6/26/06, 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you do, wake up this morning and say, "Today, I'm going to ruin a man's life"?
-Jennifer

 
At 6/26/06, 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you do, wake up this morning and say, "Today, I'm going to ruin a man's life"?
-Jennifer

 
At 6/26/06, 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"---Damned Bushmaster."
"Is,..Is it poisonous?"
"Yeah, but very tasty."

 
At 6/27/06, 7:24 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

You're going to be Ok Joan Wilder, you always have been.

 
At 6/27/06, 7:53 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Do you smoke?"
"I went to college!"

 
At 6/27/06, 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Americanos. Uh... I spit on them, phooey! I hate americanos, they're scumo! Scum!

 
At 6/28/06, 11:16 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Et vous Francais?

 
At 6/28/06, 6:53 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Great movie and I have no quotes coming forth from my thick, thick skull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics