A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 03, 2006

Carnival of history #28 is up...

at Patahistory. There's some deep stuff here, and I am enjoying it immensely. The host is currently living in heaven Oklahoma, lucky dog, even if it ISN'T Tulsa....

But there's a really cool post about the origins of Superman, what the term "Enlightenment really means, and our colleague elementaryhistoryteacher has a post featured entitled, "Can an obscure president become a lesson in character?" from American Presidents blog.

Then the History Carnival has now turned me toward this: Geoffrey Chaucer hath a blog. Oh my Lord. Did I ever tell you that I took a class in Middle English? Professor Handelmann, where art thou? This is a scream!

The history Geek in me is all excited!

4 Comments:

At 4/4/06, 9:59 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

You're probably not old enough to recognize this.

 
At 4/4/06, 10:28 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh yes I DO remember it-- Damn Right!

I AM that old.

 
At 4/6/06, 8:59 AM, Blogger Amerloc said...

Like I really needed to add MiddleEnglish sites to my bloglines...

Thanks, Ms.C :)

 
At 4/7/06, 6:01 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

al, EVERYONE needs to add Middle English sites, since we're already so good with Modern English in this country....:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics