A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Professional development horror stories, part 2

A commenter on my previous post about staff development suggested that we start a colaborative blog for teachers to post our "professional development horror stories." I'd give this person props, but their name is in Kanji or Han symbols, so I'm just going to call him or her "Ronin."

This seems like something that could be a laugh riot.

Here's my offer to you: You give me the stories, and I'll give em their very own post. Then we can all commiserate together.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/05, 4:33 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I don't have any horror stories, but collectively, I do think they're a colossal waste of time. So much so, that I took a personal day during the last all day session.

 
At 11/29/05, 11:55 AM, Blogger bev said...

Howzabout "PD" stories from the coporate world as well? Your comment on "...Cheese..." is what's prompted me to ask. I don't teach - yet. But I know all about moving cheese.

As I told my husband - ex-engineer and paper-pusher for a big ol' corporation - education's "PD" is corporate America's "team building."

Mmmm...cheese...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics