A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Woman of a Certain Age?

Our principal is in the habit of calling me by my first name, but not really. Now I haven't discussed this with y'all, my first name, because I'm not one of those "Oh, call me by my first name" kind of teachers with my students. And after yesterday, let's say that my first name is "Margarita," because "Miz Scotch-On-the-Rocks" just doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi. So, our principal calls me "Miz Margarita."

Now in the quasi-South, where I come from, "Miz Margarita" was used for quasi-aunts (dear friends of one's mother or uncles' third wives) and colorful old ladies who were looked upon fondly. Like "Miss Ellie" on Dallas.

Now I realize that I have SIX TIMES the teaching experience my principal does.

But I am not an old lady. And I think breaking up that fight yesterday proved that. See these (Kisses biceps, not an actual 9 mm) guns?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2/26/11, 12:10 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

A spring...it's fight season. Hope it wasn't a girl fight. Those are the absolute worst!

 
At 3/15/11, 9:17 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

A mix of girls and boys, which is even more horrifying.

 
At 4/2/11, 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh, and I think I have fallen in love with your blog. :)

 
At 4/5/11, 1:15 AM, Anonymous Scion Air Conditioner Compressor said...

I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.

I hope it benefits all one who land up here.

Thanks for sharing!!

 
At 5/25/11, 3:56 AM, Blogger sam said...

I would really like your post ,it would really explain each and every point clearly well thanks for sharing.
Volvo V50 Turbocharger

 
At 6/1/11, 12:37 PM, Anonymous 2009 Ford Escape AC Compressor said...

Thanks for this post its really interesting i bookmark your blog for future stuff like this..

 
At 9/14/11, 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy that was a gud post
I have gone through your site information and it is the same opportunity that I was looking for. The facilities, the process that what you are offering are perfectly matched to my Expectation & very soon you will get Response from my side.

VW Phaeton Turbocharger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics