TITMT: One trick ponies
Janet over at The Art of Getting By asks an interesting question: which actors do I love even though they basically play the same character over and over? I'll take that bet!
1. John Wayne! (Even though there is NO WAY I could have put up with him or the next two guys in real life, given that our politics absolutely do not mesh, I gotta love them as actors.)
2. Sean Connery! As Christine Lavin sings: "Said it before! Say it again! Mmmm! I love bald-headed men!"
3. Tom Selleck! I love the 'stache! What can I say? Although the eyebrow and dimple thing was great, too.
4. Humphrey Bogart. Except for The Caine Mutiny, he was Mr. Tough Guy. Are you sensing a theme here? I like 'em manly! None of these girly-men pour moi, when it comes to escapist cinema! I am not that fond of guys with the smooth features, like Tobey Maguire or Jake Gyllenhaal (for the longest time I confused those two). Even Brad Pitt is a bit too pretty. I like rogues with the heart of gold!
5. John Cusack. Who doesn't love John Cusack? Must go watch Grosse Pointe Blank now..... "This is me breathing, Oatman!"
Labels: Tell It To Me Tuesday