A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Sally Field Moment

Thanks to a tip from my pal NYC Educator, I ambled over to the Washington Post and found that Jay Mathews mentioned A Shrewdness of Apes as a favorite blog in a contest he called "the Class Struggle," which I see is a pun on the name of his column.

I am just flummoxed. Seriously. I mean, I am always so pleased and even dumbfounded when these little crazed ramblings compulsive disquisitions posts of mine go zinging around "the internets" and find a home for a while in someone else's mind.

And he even called me a "babe"-- yes he did, right there in the title, and he can't take that back. Well, an innocent-- but that means a babe, right? I'll take it. As Arlo Guthrie said, I'm not proud. Or tired.

Or 98 pounds, either, for that matter, unless you are talking about multiplication.

Apparently somebody out there mentioned this blog in the first place just to attract the attention, and so I really need to say, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

3 Comments:

At 1/4/07, 9:29 PM, Blogger The Science Goddess said...

I, for one, submitted your name to WaPo (I gave them my "Top 5" list). Congrats!

 
At 1/5/07, 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, YAY for YOU!! That's WICKED exciting (can you tell I'm from New England?! Sorry - I let my Yankee show just then....).

A little recognition is a WONDEROUS thing, and I'm pleased you got you some. Well deserved, Ms. C... well deserved!

 
At 1/6/07, 6:17 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Thank you both, and obviously especially you, science goddess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics